Re: [Epic] rampage

From: Elias Tiliakos <elite_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 97 17:24:18 EST

At 03:57 PM 11/17/97 -0500, you wrote:
>> Of course, by the strict letter of the rule, the BTs should have died,
>> even if their opposition had been wiped out. Kinda unrealistic, if you
>> ask me. Then again, who said this was a realistic game? :)
>>

>How does that work? I thought rampage meant you didn't retreat, not
automatically
>were destroyed. Of course, if you lose, and there is an enemy troops within
15cm,
>you're toasted, but if there is none you should be fine.

Well, here's the text, verbatim: "...Rampage units are so berserk that they
may not retreat from combat. This means Rampage units are always caught by
the enemy and destroyed if they lose a close combat."

The last sentence seems to indicate that no matter what happens, if Rampage
units lose a close combat, they die. Said and done, no ifs, ands, or buts.
Of course, it's pretty ridiculous to say that 6 huge Greater Daemons all
of a sudden just up and die just because someone in a far away galaxy (or
universe, whatever) rolled one less than his opponent.

Elias

"Understanding is a three edged sword."

                        -Kosh