Re: [Epic] SHW and Blast Markers was Swooping Hawk Exarchs

From: Alun Gallie <gallie_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 16:38:47 +0930

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
To: space-marine_at_... <space-marine@...>
Date: Tuesday, November 18, 1997 7:38 AM
Subject: Re: [Epic] Swooping Hawk Warlocks?

<snip>

>(Also, "How do blast markers affect barrages--removing one barrage as
>one super-heavy weapon, or removing fp figured for the barrage?" Though
>I do think you answer about when FP is figured makes sense.)
>
>Thanks,
>andy

I'd like some clarrification on this too, in our 3000pt game Chris and I had
he got 1 blast marker on my Mega Gargant early. Because of ranges this meant
that one marker had to be soaked up by the Krooz missles so I couldn't fire
anything. I could not soak it anywhere else as there was nothing else in
range. This Mega Gargant was supreme commander so had Shields of 12 and DC
of 24 and it just seems stupid and artificial that something that hugh and
powerful could be effectivly shut down by 1 blast marker.
We used the reserve rules and I played blitz (one of the new army specific
ork fate cards that lets me reroll failed reserve rolls) and a forced march
to get my whole 3000pts on the table on turn two but because of that one
lousey blast marker, by the time I had anything in range to fire Chris had
enough on the table. I had planned to use the Krooz missles on turn 2 and 3
to smack his basilisks and griffons as they arrived but alas no.

Cheers
Alun