[Epic] SHWs and placing blast markers (was Swooping Hawk Warlocks?)

From: C.Sinclair <csi_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 14:29:38 +0000

At 08:01 AM 11/18/97 -0500, you wrote:

>snip
>
>> Q: An Eldar pulsar fires 1d6 AT shots. For the purposes of placing blast
>> markers, does this count as 1
>> or 1d6 Super Heavy Weapons?
>>
>> A: It counts as 1 Super Heavy Weapon
>>
>> Q: Barrage weapons, whilst being super heavy weapons, have a firepower
>> calculated by adding up the
>> targets under a template, and place blast markers based on this firepower
>> on the second column of
>> the blast marker table (under Firepower). Are the Heavy Barrage weapons:
>>
>> a) Treated in the same way on that table (except for the alternate
>> turn shooting and the
>> doubling of hits to calculate firepower).
>> b) Treated as super heay weapons on the blast markers table.
>>
>> A: a)
>
>Aaron noted it for the pulsar, but it is also true for the barrage
>question: These questions deal with placing blast markers. They
>don't address how blast markers affect barrages or pulsars.

This could get confusing! (OK it already is confusing). Before I get
flamed let me just say that I'm not coming down on one side or the other but
the suggestion may be...SHWs are to be treated differently for placing and
taking blast markers?

Surely, it would just make do to be consistent. So, if you count the FP for
placing Barrage/Hvy Barrage blast markers then you count the FP when
determining the effect of blast markers and ditto if you count these weapons
as SHWs (which on reflection doesn't necessarily seem realistic!). This
would solve the problem and be consistent. If a pulsar places a blast
marker if one of it's D6 AT shots hit (i.e. counts as one SHW for placing)
then 1 blast marker eliminates the pulsar.

And so on. I'm starting to ramble, but I think (hope -:)) you see my point.

Cheers,
Colin
******************************
Colin Sinclair