Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 1997 16:47:38 +0000

> I was expecting someone else to ask so maybe I"m the only one...why can
> tracked vehicles go backwards but skimmers not? I would think that the
> skimmers if anyone would be the ones who could go backwards (and sideways
> and any other direction they wanted to go) - just turn the hover jets like a
> VTOL or maybe a hovercraft (don't know about those), and speed away.

Hi!

I was expecting this one! We could argue until blue in the face, but the
reason is simply game balance if you view the other terrain
restrictions vehicles with anti-grav motors already get higher speed in
woods than all other units except troop stands and cavalry. Years ago
when I started to use this system we used your suggestion, it was
TERRIBLY unbalanced! Besides I never read a book or seen a movie where
they could do this and (I hate to whip this one out on you) I dont quite
envision the eldar using this tactic(it has imperium written all over
it).

Remember all armies have pros and cons and realism sometimes has to bow
to playability( No Mike I dont hate eldar-I play them quite
frequently!).

United we stand!
Peter