Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 1997 16:34:35 +0000

> I don't quiet get this, does this mean for example, if I have say 3
> Warlords titans and three Leman Russ detachments and my oppent has three
> Phantom titans and three Falcon detachments and I win intaitive, that I
> can order one of my Leman Russ detachments to move first, then order my
> oppent to move a Falcon detachment and after this I have to move a Warlord
> and then he moves a Phantom and so? Or is that I can order him to move
> one of his titan first and then I have to move a titan and so on?

Using your example movement would be handled like this:
-roll initiative as normal, lets assume your army won.
-you may decide two thing let him move first or for you to move first
-once the decision has been reached,lets assume you want to move first,
you will move them according to orders(lets assume the tians are on
advance and the vehicles on charge)
-Since charge orders move first either you will move your leman russ
tanks or he his falcons,since you won the initiative roll and we are
assuming you move first, then after your move he moves the falcon(note
you dont dictate what your opponents unit to be moved is he will decide
which to move within the constraints of the orders, charge in this
case,then in alternating fashion, you moved first them him)-
-after all charge order have been moved(in the proper order titans
first,etc.)you then resolve advance orders in our example since you won
and decided to move first you will move one warlord and then your
opponent moves the one phantom(in this case only one titan because they
are individual models not detachments like the falcons or tanks).Also
remember you cannot tell your opponent which of his three phantoms to
move, he may move any of the three. So you moved one warlord then he
moves one phantom and so on alternating until the titans are done, since
there are no first fire units your movement phase is done.

NOW LETS MAKE YOUR EXAMPLE MORE DIFICULT
Lets assume that your warlords are on charge,except one on advance and
your leman russ tanks on charge and that your oppponent has chosen
advance orders for his phantoms(except for one on charge) and his
falcons on first fire.

HOW IS THIS EXAMPLE RESOLVED
-roll initiative as normal,lets assume you win(lucky aren't you!)
-we start with all units in charge orders(two warlords, one phantom and
your leman russ detachment)
-in all phases titans move first so here you move a warlord he moves his
phantom on charge then you move your remaining warlord, note that
although your tanks have charge orders they always move after titans in
any phase so in this example they move last since titans are obligated
to move before vehicles if the leman ruus were a shadowsword(super
heavy) then you could of picked it to alternate with the titans since
they belong to the same category(titans/super heavies)

-now we move everybody with advance orders(two phantoms, one
warlord)-since you won initiative and moved first you move your lone
warlord and then he moves both phantoms(ouch!, probably should have
moved last!).there are no other units in advance this phase is over.

-now the first fire phase, the remainding unit the falcons of course
dont move, but if it were a warlock it would move now(remember that an
HQ unit may move in any phase, but lets assume it was decided to move in
this phase.

The rules we adopted definitely fall into the category of long to
explain,but really easy to play. I have used them a long time and the
only difference from present rules besides alternating unit by unit is
to remember that orders take precedence for when you move and after that
how big the model is to when he goes in that particular order phase.

Hope that answers your question as always I am here to clarify them(I
will not use endearing terms like SQ,GQ etc.,hmm- familiar, since I
consider it disrespectful, if you need to ask a question-you need to get
a response!).

United we stand!
Peter