Re: [Epic] Chaos

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 12:34:13 -0500

Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:

[Chaos Steeds]
> > If you're talking stats, this is what was hammered out
> > on the list a few months ago:
> >
> > Add this to the Chaos Space Marine Detachment listing under Main Force:
> >
> > Chaos Space Marine Calvary Squad 21 pts
> > Consists of 1 Chaos Space Marine unit (Calvary)
> > Upgrade to Slaanesh Beast Riders (Stubborn)* + 1 pt
> > Upgrade to Khorne Juggers (Rampage, Assault)* + 2 pts
> > Upgrade to Tzeentch Disc Riders (Skimmer)* + 3 pts
> > (* MUST choose one option)
>
> Agree as to the stats, dunno if they belong in the Space Marien section
> though.

        Well, the riders are CSM champs. I think of it as being
kind of like the Ork Nobz mob available in the standard Ork
infantry det. Plus, it's the only place in the army they really
fit, unless you're going to create a whole new det. type.

> I'd give Juggers a save too, and increase their pts.

        Hmmm... well, I suppose. In that case, up the Jugger
point cost to +7 (4 for save, 1 for rampage, 2 for assault since
non-rampage abilities seem to cost 1 pt more when combined with
save - see the chaos termie upgrades as an example). They'd be
somewhat pricey, but on the other hand they'd be tough enough
and fast enough to make some potentially scary shock troops.

> > My own ideas for beast of nurgle, minotaur/troll, chaos
> > squat, and chaos android stats/point costs can be found at:
> >
> > http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes/EPIC/E40K/post.mia.html
>
> Which is where I was going to - ah - 'Borrow' them from. With
> attribution. Or maybe just give a link...

        I don't know how recently you've seen the page, but I've
made a few minor mods recently to fix up some of the stats that
I didn't like too much (namely, the Androids). I also tweaked
the point values. In any case, I'm happy enough with everything
there that I don't think I'll be altering that page again.

> > Also, you might want to check out
> >
> > http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes/EPIC/E40K/post.chaos_additions.html
> >
> > which talks about extending the chaos detachment lists to make any
> > current WH40k chaos army possible with E40k.
>
> That I haven't seen, thanks.

        Actually, just to be annoying I changed that URL yesterday. =)
Since I tend to be a perfectionist, it's probably easier just to go to
the main site and hit the individual pages from there... Anyway, I
added my idea of what the Daemon detachment should look like and fooled
with the appearance a bit.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right
sometimes." - W. Churchill