Re: Sv: [Epic] How are Pulsar shots resolved ?

From: John Chapman <john_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 12:51:08 +1100 (EST)

> Pulsars are a single SHW, therefore the BM will negate the effect of it,
> same with artillery, a barrage is negated by one BM. The way it works is
> the BMs negate one SHW or one fp, since pulsars are considered a single
> SHW, the BM negates them.
> Steve
        I thought the whole resolution of one of the threads that was going on
last week was that because of the order in which Fp/BM effects occur that
Barrage weapons calculated their fp (after placing the template) then took
the reduced effect from the BMs (thus if the template covered 2 units the
weapon would still have 1FP). Maybe I didnt read it closely enough .Ive always
played that the BM negation comes first (like youve suggested). But basically
my main concern is that it doesnt work one way for one weapon and the
other way for a different one.
                                        JAC