Re: [Epic] Flyer Formula

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 14:38:14 -0500

> I tried something similar for the main force lists (excluding Chaos as these
> would be my forecasts) with dummies for the various special abilities.
> Estimates were all over the place and while the test stats were good, the
> formula itself was crap! I can only concur that there is no consistent
> formula. (In WH40K the vehicles are playtested for points values rather
> than using any sort of formula and then tweeking cf. Dark Millenium)

Unfortunately formulas don't take into account usefullness in game, just raw
ability. This human element needs to be playtested. Now if anyone wants to say
that GW is lax on playtesting, I'll support ya. Anybody use the Outlanders
supplement with Necromunda and not think it was completely cheese. (My favorite
gang is Ratskins though)

Tyler