Re: [Epic] Plastic Warlords

From: Harlequin Master <harlequin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 20:09:07 -0000

Funny thing happened to me!!

Just took part in a BIG Epic 40k battle at my local GW store.

There were six players with 5000 points of troops.

I fielded some old plastic Warlords and was politely told by a member of
staff not to play the battle with them.

His reason was that the sight of the older Warlord does not bode well with
the current Warlord on display.

After listening to his dreary explaination, I politely told him to "go forth
and multiply!"

I paid good hard-earned cash for said Warlords and refused to remove them.

He suggested that he could have me barred from the shop for an indefinate
period and I suggested to him that I could have the shop, him , his wife and
kids, the dog and the budgie, all torched!!

He then said it was ok to continue with the battle and he went away with
acurious and frightened look on his face!!

Seems to me that if you stand up to these GW ass-holes they soon back down!!

Moral of this story is dont let the bastards grind you down - stand up and
confront the shits!!

Harlequin Master

http://www.shopfine.demon.co.uk

"Wargamers have delusions of invincibility combined with homicidal
tendencies, in short, all wargamers have a kick-your-butt fetish!!"