Re: [Epic] Old Eldar Metal

From: William L. Irish <wirish1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 01:59:40 -0500

>One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
>One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
In Mordor, where the shadows lie. :)

>Sauron1 writes; Further investigation of my Eldar has turned up two unusual
>pieces and I was wondering if anyone can identify them;
>
>One is a 50mm tall mini titan complete with Eldar titan shoulder pads,a long
>weapon as her right arm and a short multi-barrel, I think as her right arm.
>The Gender application is due to the fact the mini titan has high heels. The
>base has GW 1989

That's an Eldar Epic Knight, FireGale type - basically a small, shooty walker.

>The second mini-titan is odder as it has four arms,stacked one pair over the
>other with both having shoulder pads. It is armed with a blade,multi
>barrel,power fist and pulsa cannon, I think. It also has GW 1989 on its
>base.

Eldar Epic Knight, Towering Destroyer type. Mixed shooty & close combat
variant.
FWIW, ArmorCast made a 40K resin kit of this model - I've got one <happy! > :)

> I believe thease are Gw versions of Eldar Knights, but I do not remember
>reading any rules on them.

Yup - original rules appeared in WD 126 (took me a minute to dig through
the library & find the issue). Rules are written for Space Marine, not the
EpicSystem - that is, they're 1st edition rules.

Interesting note on GW revisionist history - all the Epic Knights were
used to herd the 'Megasaurs' that Exodites use for food & commerce on the
Maiden worlds. This is all before GW applied a healthy dose of DoubleThink
to Eldar History and erased the Epic Knights from our memories. Nowadays,
Exodites only have dinosaurs to ride around on - no Knights. <Sigh>

Hope this helps!

Larry