[Epic] 'Must-have' units

From: Carl Billen <billenc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 09:21:04 +0100

Yesterday my shopkeeper gave me bad news : "As there are only three people
buying Epic from me, I cannot justify the fact that there are too many Epic
blisters, and because I can't get them sold, I will send them back to GW.
So pick your blisters while you can... I will in the future only order two
blisters each of the new releases, so that I don't get any products I can't
get sold."

Eek !

As the Christmas days are coming, I can persuade my friends and family to
buy some blisters to give as a present, so I can 'minimize the damage'...

The problem is that I would like to build small armies of each race (1 to 2
infantry detachments, 1 armoured detachment, 1 mechanised detachment
(infantry with transports), and a War Engine detachment). I have already
bought a few Space Marine, Eldar and Tyranid blisters, but I really don't
know yet what units are useful and which are not. Can anyone give advice
about which units are 'Must-have' and which units are 'Avoid-at-all-costs'
for the following armies :

Space Marines
Orks
Eldar