[Epic] Battle Report

From: Sean Smith <seans_at_...>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 08:31:03 +1300

Scenerio:

- I fought a 1500 point battle blitzkerg battle vs Eldar. I have an
  spacemarine army.

Terrain:

- The battle was fought on a 6 by 4 foot table, length ways.

- On the enemy broad edge there was city. A river entered in the middle
  of the enemies board edge and looped to my right, through the middle
  of the city.

- Closer towards the center, on my right, was a hill, with ruins in the
  center

- In the center of the table (length ways), on my right, there was a hill.
  Parallel to the hill on my right, there was open ground on my left.

- After the open ground on my left there was a hill with a forest on it and
  clear ground on my right. After the clear ground there was a forest on my
  right in front of a city.

- At my board edge there was a city on my right and forest and swamp on my
  left.

Armies:

Space Marines consisted of -

Morale - 33

- A Ordos Mallues and body gaurd on bikes
- A Siege artillery detachment with 8 siege artillery pieces and
  2 hydra flak tanks
- 2 Thunderhawks, with a spacemarine detachment inside of them. The space
  marine detachment consisted of: 1 captain, a pysker, 2 terminators squads
  and 4 normal space marine squads.
- A death company detachment in drop pods. Which a had one chaplin, and
  7 other units, all of them had jump packs.
- Finally I had bike detachment, which had: 1 captain, 1 psyker, 3 bike
  squads (9 bikes) and 3 whirlwinds.

Eldar:

Morale - 34

2 revant titans
4 detachments which 3 wave serpants each with aspect warriors in each.
1 detachment which had 4 falcons and 4 night spinners
2 Jet bike detachments
1 vyper detachment which had his HQ

Setup:

- I started with the artillery detachment hidden in city on my baseline.

- The enemy placed two capture objectives and 1 takehold objective on
  the center line. One edge of the forest(on my right) and one on top of
  the hill with a forest on it (on my left) and third on the road
  which ran between them.

- I placed a cleanse objective in a building near my baseline.

- I placed the hidden markers next to each of his 3 objectives and 1 in
  ruined building in the city near his baseline (in a building which he
  was likely to use as cover).

- The eldar started with jet bikes on his left and right flanks. Two wave
  serpant detachments my left and my right. The rest of his
  forces in between these forces, with revants slightly to the left of
  center.

Battle:

Turn 1:

Space marine:

I didn't move or fire my forces this turn.

Eldar:

Most of his forces moved forward on assault orders. His jet bikes raced
ahead on march and destroyed the two capture objectives. One objective
turned out to be in the middle of a minefield, but his jet bikes
suffered no losses for entering minefields through out the whole game!.

Turn 2:

Space marine:

My thunderhawks swooped down and killed 2 jet bikes on my left, on the
hill with a forest on it and unload the infantry detachment which deployed
in half in the forest (on my right) and half in open ground (in the center). The terminators, captain and psykers on the open ground. They blocked the
road to the city on my baseline. My bike deachment entered from the right,
in the open gound between the hill and forest on my right.

All my artillery opened up before the eldar moved. I kill 1 revant, 2
wave serpants, a 3 jet bikes (destroying the remaining jet bikes in the
detachment attacked by my thunderhawks) and 1 vyper. I inflicted 2 blaster
markers on his revant, 1 on his vypers and 1 each on his wave serpant
& jet bike detachments.

[It was big mistake to open up now, I should have held my artillery fire
until the end of the move movement phase and then opened on the forces which where in a postion to assault my forces]

Eldar:

In response the eldar nightspinners inflicted 4 blasters my bike detachment
and his wave serpants inflicted to blast markers on my infantry detachment.

He then assualted my bike detachment and infantry detachment, with aspect
warrors, wave serpants and jetbikes. Killing all the bikes except the
psyker and two bikes (the whirlwinds had fired but inflicted no kills or
blast markers). The bikes managed however to kill 4 aspect warriors.

He also won the H to H with my infantry detachment by 1 (after playing a
reroll). His revant had killed my psyker and captain before the assault.
With assault he killed an additional six normal space marine units (my
terminators both saved), I killed all but one of his aspect a warriors
and a wave serpant (I killed five aspect warriors).

His jet bikes moved into range of my hydras and got to shot first. He
killed both hydras.

Turn 3:

Eldar:

I won the intaitive for movement and made the eldar move first. He moved
his jet bikes, revant and vypers so they could shoot at my artillery. His
remaining troops hopped into the wave serpants and moved into a postions
to cover his falcons and nightspinners against attack from any other of my
forces entering battle.

[He couldn't reach my artillery with an assault move in this turn].

Space marine:

My artillery marched out of range of his vypers, revant and jet bikes
[he had forgotten they could march]. The Ordos malleus entered and moved
in front of the artillery.

The death company landed by drop pods on the hill my right and suffered
1 casualty and 6 blasters markers from a combination of the falcons,
night spinners and wave serpants. I played an automatic pass leadership
test card assaulted the ramaining jet bikes, wave sepants and aspect warrior on my right and wiped them out.

Turn 4:

My Thunderhawks eliminated the last jet bike detachment. My Artillery broke
the vypers and killed the revant titan. My death company had 9 blasters
makers and remaining bikes had 3, so both just routed.

The space won with 15 morale.

--
 Sean Smith

 Home - Seans_at_...