Re: [Epic] Unknown Robots

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 22:55:53 -0500 (EST)

Since the Eldar have been positively IDed, I'm snipping them here....

Excerpts from Epic: 28-Nov-97 [Epic] Unknown Robots by "Carl
Billen"_at_realsoftwa > Then there were 5 set of 4 figures of 15-20 mm
high, with a metal base of
> about 1cm radius. They are not so style like they Eldar, but not as chunky
> as the Orks, so I think they are Imperial or Squat (?). Are they different
> models of Dreadnought ?

Actually, you have the five models of robot that GW released. I know,
'cause I've got 'em all myself, from GWUK mail order, and their
descriptions are also in the WH40K Compendium (red book). The Dreads
all look similar, with rounded bodies and low, sloping foreheads. Chuck
(Contemptor-class) has twin bolt-guns on each arm, and carries a
back-mounted flag. Eddy (Deredeo-class) has a missile launcher for a
right arm, pointing upwards, and a single boltgun on the left hand.
Fury (Furibundus-class) has a lascannon on the left arm, and twin
boltguns on the right.

> 4 figures of a robot with a hammer as its left arm, a bolter in its right
> hand and a gun on its right shoulder.

Colossus robot; the seige hammer is a dead giveaway. The other arm is a
bolt gun, while the back mount is a melta-gun.

> 4 figures of a thinner version of the Marine Dreadnought with bolters in
> both hands and a gun on its right shoulder.

Well, the bolters-in-both-hands makes this one a Cataphract, though
that's not a bolter in the left hand, it's a flamer. This should be the
smallest of the robot/dread models GW released. The back mount is a
las-cannon.

> 4 figures of a robot with kind of machine gun as its right arm, and a gun
> on its back. It has nothing in its left arm an has a dynamic pose as if it
> is aiming its gun.

Conqueror robot. The gun arm should be long, roughly 1 cm if measuring
from the shoulder. The gun is an autocannon, the left hand a power
glove, and the back mount a heavy bolter.

> 4 figures of an insect-like robot (it has a mantis-like head) with thin
> forearms and a gun on its back. It has legs like the two-legged AT/ATs
> from StarWars and it doesn't appear to have anything in its hands.

Actually, those hands are powerswords... a rather nasty robot in HtH, or
at least it's supposed to be. This one's the Crusader. The back mount
is a lascannon.

> 4 figures of a robot wich is more rounded (it's not as chunky) with a gun
> on its back and nothing in its hands. It has a kind of boxing pose and its
> head looks like a cockpit dome, and has two smal holes onder the dome.

And this one is the Castellan, equipped with two power gloves and
(usually) a heavy bolter.

> Also, are there any rules in Epic about those robots/different types of
> Dreadnoughts ? I found on the web pages of Allen (Q&A Guy) rules about
> Knights and there was also a 'Guild Robots' line in the Squat list...

I know I have stats for these worked out in SM2, probably buried
somewhere, but I haven't done anything with them in E40K for lack of
motivation.

> I hope anyone can help me...

Hope this helps!

                    Aaron Teske