Re: [Epic] More Unidentified Stuff

From: Daniel Bond <danbond_at_...>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 01:40:06 -0800 (PST)

---Carl Billen <billenc_at_...> wrote:

> First of all, many thanks to Alan E, William, Sauron and Aaron (and
the
> ones whose mail I haven't received yet) for identifying my unknown
> Dreadnoughts & Robots. This weekend, I met someone who playes Epic
with
> Space Marine armies, and he had some old figures to trade. I could
trade
> them for cards of some trading card games (strange trade huh ?) and I
> received the following (unpainted) figures :
>
> Plastic :
> 10 Bone Coloured Eldar Dreadnoughts
> about 20 Bone Coloured Eldar Guardians (not armed with Shuriken
Catapults;
> Lasguns maybe ?; however there were three with a missile launcher
like the
> marines ?); they are a bit smaller than the grey plastic ones...
> lots and lots of Dark Green Eldar Guardians (even smaller than the
bone
> coloured ones...)
> 20 Dark Green triangular tanks (he told me they were old style
Falcon Grav
> Tanks)
>
> Metal :
> 6 'Eggs on Legs' : Basically an egg with legs and a gun on each side
of the
> egg; I believe I spot an Eldar pilot in the egg...
This is a war walker
> 1 25mm high figure of an Eldar with a cape and a 30 mm spear (I
think it's
> an Avatar)
yes its an avatar
> 1 50mm huge gun, pointing in the air; you can find a picture of it
in CJ
> 20, p.34 on the right; I believe it is a Goliath Cannon
Goliath
> 2 35mm three-barreled FlakVierling (FlakDrieling ?) anti-aircraft
gun; I
> think they're Thunderfire Cannons
> 1 gigantic tank (7 cm long, 3 cm wide, 35 mm high) with a huge gun
and a
> turret and... (too difficult to describe; luckily, there's a picture
of it
> in CJ 20, p.34 on the left); I believe it's a Cyclops...
Yep, its a cyclops
> 1 big tank (4 cm long, 3 cm wide, 4 cm high). It has a big gun at
the front
> and an turret on top. There are 3 2-barreled gun mounts on each
side and a
> huge door at the back. On the front is the Imperial Eagle, and
there is a
> small castle tower behind the turret on top of it (it even has
battlements
Its either a capitol imperialis or a leviathon. If it has plastic
tracks it is a capitol imperialis otherwise its a leviathon.
> !); I don't think it is a Colossus (because of the Imperial Eagle) and
> there was no Gyrocopter with it (as described in CJ 20).
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Carl Billen
> billenc_at_...
<HR>
color="#000000" face="Arial">First of all, many thanks to Alan E,
William, Sauron and Aaron (and the ones whose mail I haven't received
yet) for identifying my unknown Dreadnoughts & Robots. �This weekend,
I met someone who playes Epic with Space Marine armies, and he had
some old figures to trade. �I could trade them for cards of some
trading card games (strange trade huh ?) and I received the following
Dreadnoughts<br>about 20 Bone Coloured Eldar Guardians (not armed with
Shuriken Catapults; Lasguns maybe ?; however there were three with a
missile launcher like the marines ?); they are a bit smaller than the
grey plastic ones...<br>lots and lots of Dark Green Eldar Guardians
(even smaller than the bone coloured ones...)<br>20 Dark Green
triangular tanks (he told me they were old style Falcon Grav
and a gun on each side of the egg; I believe I spot an Eldar pilot in
the egg...<br>1 25mm high figure of an Eldar with a cape and a 30 mm
spear (I think it's an Avatar)<br>1 50mm huge gun, pointing in the
air; you can find a picture of it in CJ 20, p.34 on the right; I
believe it is a Goliath Cannon<br>2 35mm three-barreled FlakVierling
(FlakDrieling ?) anti-aircraft gun; I think they're Thunderfire
Cannons<br>1 gigantic tank (7 cm long, 3 cm wide, 35 mm high) with a
huge gun and a turret and... (too difficult to describe; luckily,
there's a picture of it in CJ 20, p.34 on the left); I believe it's a
Cyclops...<br>1 big tank (4 cm long, 3 cm wide, 4 cm high). It has a
big gun at the front and an turret on top. �There are 3 2-barreled gun
mounts on each side and a huge door at the back. �On the front is the
Imperial Eagle, and there is a small castle tower behind the turret on
top of it (it even has battlements !); I don't think it is a Colossus
(because of the Imperial Eagle) and there was no Gyrocopter with it
color="#000000"></p>