Re: [Epic] unidentified minis

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 08:50:09 -0500 (EST)

Well, Dirk covered the minis quite well, and Alan's history did a good
job on the naming conventions (though I might note that a simple
reference to "Epic" can vary based on who's saying it, if I say "Epic"
it'll be SM/TL, while others might mean E40K...). But I do have a
comment on the catalogs....

Excerpts from Epic: 1-Dec-97 [Epic] unidentified minis by Dirk
Vormann_at_...
> As there are a lot of people with asking what their minis are it seems
> worth to mention that GW mail order sells a range of catalouges. In those
> volumes you can find a lot (not all) of their stuff produced since 1986.

The trouble with doing this for Epic material is that the sections are
small (the 1986-1991 catalog has only a few pages out of hundreds on
Epic minis) and these aren't free. Also, the catalogs miss most of the
*really* nifty models, like the Robots and Dreadnoughts from Adeptus
Titanicus (the metal ones we've been discussing lately). So they don't
actually help *that* much.

> This are the only Items from GW which are not drastically overpriced.

This is, unfortunately, true. GW upped its prices on all the material
in the catalogs to match or exceed the local price for whatever country
you're ordering from. <sigh> On the plus side, when I last ordered the
*hadn't* upped the price for figs not in the catalog, so I think I got
the old Eldar Dreads for $1 each, instead of the pound (or more) each I
was expecting... I think the troll just swapped units without actually
converting anything. ^_^

Later,

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...