Re: [Epic] Ork Waaaagh!

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 00:42:45 PST

JAC a �crit :

> Nobz - a great unit. Good assault and the save ability really >rocks.
>Just be a bit reasonable with them (an all Nobz no Boyz army just
>wouldnt be right........).

This is a good point : Nobz are cheaper and better than Terminators. I
agree when you advice to be reasonable with them as an all Nob
Detachment wouldn't be "realistic".

> The mekboy speedsta with the death ray. Ok the land raiders >will pick
>them off but a few of these could take some heat off your assault
>units while
>they close in.

I think that they should be use in Kult of Speed detachment to provide
it with some heavy fire power : one or two in a such a detachment should
be a maximum as they are no good assault units.

> Other people swear by gargants - against all the high marine >armour
>IM not sure theyre THAT good but they may be worth a try. Keep them
>with your
>other units to concentrate your firepower....

As an Ork opponent I can say you that a Gargant is frightening : the fig
is quite impressive and Gargant weapons can make a lot of dommage. In
addition, if you're lucky your Gargant can have lot of fields...
In fact, when I first fought an Ork army supported with a Great Gargant
(11 fields!), I decided to concentrate my fire on the whole army except
the Gargant (!?). I thought it was useless to waste my fire power
against a target that I had no chance to destroy quickly. My choice was
good for this battle (I won) but I was lucky : the Gargant had always
been too far from my Chaos army to use its weapons...

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

                  Lord's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 11/25/97

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/