[Epic] old GW boardgames

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 15:52:09 -0500

Sorry, a bit off topic. But I think I've seen interest here, so I
thought I'd check.

I was browsing around two of the hobby stores I used to visit when I
lived in Philadelphia. One of them, Allied Hobbies on Cottman Ave,
has copies of Horus Heresy, Doom of the Eldar, and Battle of Armageddon.
I think they're about $21 each. They had Man O' War and Plague Fleet,
also discounted, though MoW was a bit more. There were a couple of
Tyranid Space Fleet blisters (one at Jenkintown Hobby, too).

I didn't buy any of them, so if you're interested, use a yellow pages
server to try to find them.

I got Kerrunch, the simpler version of Blood Bowl. It was fun looking
at the ads for the old games. A while ago I got a Battle Titans box
from a net purchase, and I really liked the battle scenes from that,
and from the catalog I got in Kerrunch. They showed Adeptus Titanicus
and Space Marine 1. The battle scenes from this (and the old Battle
Titans box) show infantry and titans with the bases covered in sand,
so they look more like they're walking on the ground than they do
in current pictures.

There are also pictures from Ultramarines, Advanced Space Crusade,
Blood Bowl 2, Mighty Empires, and more. Kinda fun.

andy

--
Andy Skinner
askinner_at_...