Re: [Epic] old GW boardgames

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 18:50:40 -0800 (PST)

> I got Kerrunch, the simpler version of Blood Bowl. It was fun looking
> at the ads for the old games. A while ago I got a Battle Titans box
> from a net purchase, and I really liked the battle scenes from that,
> and from the catalog I got in Kerrunch. They showed Adeptus Titanicus
> and Space Marine 1. The battle scenes from this (and the old Battle
> Titans box) show infantry and titans with the bases covered in sand,
> so they look more like they're walking on the ground than they do
> in current pictures.

In old WD they used to always have nice dioramas, one of my favourites is
the back of 123, there is a helbore and capitol Imperialis escorted by
some space wolves and vindocators passing through a canyon with some
titans. Another good one was some Ultramarines scouting an advancing
chaos horde, to get the feeling of depth the horde was Epic, and the
marines 40k scale. In short, the scenes used to be just that, they told
a small story rather than showing off the figures in the trown together
displays WD now boasts.
Steve

--
When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of