Re: [Epic] Net Epic (morale issues)

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 02:26:18 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 11-Feb-97 Re: [Epic] Net Epic (morale.. by Michael
the Liu_at_...
>It has always bothered me
> that jet bikers and such can even have a chance of killing those things
> (what are they gonna do? run into it?)

Let me make a correction to my last post, where I said ground units
should only be able to hurt the legs, and that by wedging in bundles of
grenades/high explosives....

I pulled out the AT Codex Titanicus, and foudn I was mistaken. Only
*infantry* can wedge bundles of grenades into the leg of a Titan.
Anything else (apart from another Titan, and probably Knights) has to
*ram* the Titan to try and hurt it. Incidentally, any vehicle ramming a
Titan is automatically destroyed... however, if the vehicle does
actually manage to beat the Titan in "close combat", the difference
between their scores is what determines damage. If the vehicle wins by
1 or 2 points, the Titan took minor damage, equivalent to a roll of 1-2
on the leg damage table. If the vehicle won by more than two points,
the Titan crashed....

"There are few sights more impressive in war than that of a Titan losing
a leg. The metal giant totters for a few seconds, stabilising jets
overloading themselves trying to compensate, and finally the sixty-foot
figure comes crashing down like a felled tree."

Seeing as bikes in AT actually had similar to worse CAFs than standard
infantry, they were nowhere near as good at assaulting Titans....

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...