Re: [Epic] Net Epic (morale issues)

From: Jyrki Saari <js54904_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 12:29:28 +0200 (EET)

> A bunch of stuff which I agree with snipped out about not having immediate
> movement.

[snip]
> Hear hear! I am strongly in favour of making Titans more powerful, as their
> current weakness is pretty apparent from all the people on the list saying
> that they don't think TItans are a good deal. It has always bothered me
> that jet bikers and such can even have a chance of killing those things
> (what are they gonna do? run into it?), and a required morale check for
> being charged/charging one of them is a big step in the right direction I think.

How about taking back the 1st edition system for infantry close assaults:
when a stand of infantry wants to close assault a titan roll a die
1-5: split! the stand is stomped
6: the infantrymen manage to wedge a bundle of grenades to the titans knee
   joint. Roll in the leg damage table with a +1 modifier.

This is modified a bit: in 1st ede there were two damage tables; superficial
and critical. The grenades caused automatic critical damage, so I thought the
+1 modifier would be in order. Or maybe +2?
Comments, please.

[snip]
> Mike the Liu

Jyrki Saari