Re: [Epic] Titan Weapons

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 14:10:31 -0500 (EST)

Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...> writes:
> Paulo Alexandre Correia Pombal wrote:
> > Cyclone Missile Launcher
> > - carapace mounted only
> > - one shot only
> > - unlimited range
> > - 1D6+1 mega-cannon templates on target (i.e. place 1D6+1 barrage
> > templates on target detachment all in contact with at least another one
> > and treat each template as if it was a mega-cannon shot).
>
> I take it that this is supposed to emulate the SM/TL
> Barrage Missile Launcher one-shot? Mega-cannons are a bit harsh
> for something that was equivalent to the Mulitple Rocket Launcher
> in strength.

        I thought the BML had a -2 save mod, just like the Lascannons
on the Land Raider. IIRC, the thing was functionally identical to a
Revenant's Pulse Laser, except it fired d6+1 of them. (not sure about
range, but I think it was more than the Rev's Pulse Laser)

> Barrages or Heavy Barrages would be far more
> appropriate. Also the no-overlapping-templates rule from SM/TL
> should still be in effect.

        Agreed. Just because it was ridiculously powerful in SM/TL
doesn't mean it should transfer over to the same power level. Same
with the Gutbuster round, IMHO. Taking down 12 Void Shields/Power
Fields at once is more powerful than any weapon should be. The way
the Cyclops worked was reasonable. It was the main armament on a 450
point unit, and took above average rolling to down more than 2-3
shields, and was a PITA to aim at a moving target.

Mark