Re: [Epic] Titan Weapons

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 23:46:01 PST

Paulo a �crit :

>Since I started playing E40K, I was a little disappointed by the lack
>of
>variety regarding Titan weapons.
>So, I came up with these old weapons from SM2 to E40K
>(tell me what do you think of it):

(...)

>Orks:
>
>New Belly Gun
>- it may fire still as a mega-cannon, or ball round
>- when shooting a ball round the range is 45cm. Choose a target point
>-
>that is where it is going to land - then roll 3D6cm and the ball >moves
>that distance in the direction it was fired.
>- treat any hit along the way as a Death-Ray
>- if the ball hits a War Engine, it knocks down all of its remaining
>shields and rolls on the Damage Table with a +2 modifier
>

>Tell me what do you think of it.

Arg! No Paulo! Do you really want my death? ;)

I hate belly guns since one of my reaver battle group was destroyed in
one turn during a SM game against orks only because of these weapons! I
always thought that this weapon was unrealistic and I think that this
new one is too powerful.
Could you explain to me why such a weapon can knock down all remaining
shields (for example the more than 15 shields of an Imperator) and
inflict critical damage in only one shot? And what about... holofields?

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

                  Lord's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 12/04/97

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/