Re: [Epic] Capitol Imperialis.

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 1997 00:18:29 -0800

Chris Pinson wrote:

> well then, a friend of mine has offered be a ..... CAPITOL IMPERIALIS ..... for sale. Needless to say, I want it pretty bad.

Wobder if it's the same one I was after? Never mind...

> Unfortunately, E40K has no stats for this magnificent example of Imperial engineering and devotion.
>
> I would appreciate any ideas for stats for it.
>
> Something along the lines of ...
>
> Capitol Imperialis (WE)
> Good Armour,
> Average Weapons,
> High Transport.
>
> Any thoughts, ideas ????

An Extract from:
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com/epic/new_rules/Flavor/epicfl1.txt

Imperial War Engines

Hellbore
========
speed armour void s damage assault transport
10 6 - 8 8 Tunneller(8)

Weapons Fire Arc Range FP
3 x Quad MultiMelta Batteries All Round 15 8

Critical Damage Table
2D6 Result Damage Notes
2 Heavy Hit +0 Immobilised 1 turn
3 Thrusters +1 Immobilised until repaired
4 MultiMeltas +2 1 Battery damaged until repaired
5 Screw +2 Assault factor halved until repaired
6 Hull +3 Immobilised 1 turn, Armour reduced to 5+
7 Thrusters Blown +3 Permanently Immobilised
8 Transport Deck +3 as above, D6 transported units take a
hit,
                                others dismount next turn
9 Fire +4 1/2 speed, 1 pt damage per turn until
repaired
10 Fires +4 D6 fires as above
11 System Crash +4 All systems must be repaired.
12 Catastrophe

Catastrophic Damage Table
1-3 Internal Explosion Wrecked
4-5 Engine Explosion Destroyed,Roll D6 to hit any in contact
6 Fuel Explosion Destroyed,Roll D6 to hit any within
2D6cm

Note: The Hellbore uses the same rules for Tunnellers as in CJ21, ie
they come on as per drop pods.

Hellbore LV (Launch Vehicle)
============================
speed armour void s damage assault transport
10 5 - 4 2 -

Weapons Fire Arc Range FP
2 x Dual MultiMelta Batteries All Round 15 4

Critical Damage Table
2D6 Result Damage Notes
2 Engine +1 Half speed until repaired
3 Tracks +0 Immobilised until repaired
4 Weapon +1 No firing until repaired
5 Track KO +1 Permanently Immobilised
6 System Crash +2 All systems must be repaired.
7-12 Catastrophe

Catastrophic Damage Table
1-3 Internal Explosion Wrecked
4-5 Engine Explosion Destroyed,Roll D6 to hit any in contact
6 Powerpack Explosion Destroyed,Roll D6 to hit any within 5cm

Capitol Imperialis
==================
speed armour void s damage assault transport
10 6 6 12 10 12

Weapons Fire Arc Range FP
Behemoth Cannon Front 30 24
2 x Sponson Batteries All Round 30 2

Critical Damage Table
2D6 Result Damage Notes
2 Heavy Hit +0 Immobilised 1 turn
3 Tracks +1 Immobilised until repaired
4 Sponsons +2 1 Battery damaged until repaired
5 Behemoth +2 Cannon damaged until repaired
6 Hull +3 Immobilised 1 turn, Armour reduced to 5+
7 Tracks KO +3 Permanently Immobilised
8 Transport Deck +3 as above, D6 transported units take a
hit,
                                others dismount next turn
9 Fire +4 1/2 speed, 1 pt damage per turn until
repaired
10 Fires +4 D6 fires as above
11 System Crash +4 All systems must be repaired.
12 Catastrophe

Catastrophic Damage Table
1-3 Internal Explosion Wrecked, all crew lost
4-5 Engine Explosion Destroyed,Roll D6 to hit any within 5cm
6 Rector Explosion Destroyed,Roll D6 to hit any within
2D6cm

NEW RULES:

Dozer - clears a path through Ruins, Rubble and Woods.

Tunneller - as per CJ21, a Tunneller appears as if dropped by a Drop
Pod. The number is its transport capacity. Also has Dozer ability
(see above) PLUS:In scenarios such as Planetary Assault and Ambush,
it appears on its (free) Launch Vehicle. It is launched as per troops
dismounting.

Additions to existing army lists:

Anywhere which has "Leviathan" add
"Capitol Imperialis 500 pts"
"Hellbore 350 pts"

The only thing I'd change as the results of getting more data about the
SM1 version of the CI, as opposed to the SM2 version, is change the
Behemoth to a standard 60cm range MegaCannon, up the FP of the batteries
to 6 each, and make the cost 400.

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo