(unknown charset) Re: [Epic] Leviathan Questions

From: (unknown charset) Carl Billen <billenc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 14:28:24 +0100

Philippe Deville wrote :

> Usually, I reserve my Leviathan to transport the Supreme Commander of my
> army. 1 Colonel + 2 Hvy stands and 1 Captain + 2 Hvy stands or 2 Ogryn
> to screen your troops.
> The Leviathan and the troops stay behind the rest of the army to provide
> support fire.

This was something I wanted to do, but then I realised that a Supreme
Commander has a maximum of 5 stands, and that one stand would be wasted.
If you decrease the stands to add other stands (like your Captian with Hvy
Weap/Ogryns), these would belong to a different detachment, and IIRC your
opponent can fire at any detachment you want, thereby reducing the
usefulness of the "screening" troops. You don't have to fire at the
nearest detachment in Epic40K (though it could be that this was the case in
SM1/SM2; I believe this caused a lot of mail a couple of months ago...)

Carl Billen
billenc_at_...