Re: [Epic] New to list . . . want some opinions.

From: Larry Irish <wirish1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 11:04:57 -0500

Hey all -

>>6) On the matter of snap shots, we've seen two stands of troops prevent
>>the movement of a twelve land raider detat (pinned up against cliffs);
>>he tried to move 5 of them, losing 4, then gave up. Doesn't this seem a
>>little un-fun and ridiculous? Shouldn't their be a limit on the number
>>of snap shots a detat can pull?

>Not really. Put the LR's on Assault, kill the 2 stands in the shooting
>phase, move in the assault phase.
>Colen 'Not Colin' 'Mad Dog' McAlister, Director of N.A.S.A. sed...

Question (asked without rules at hand, sorry): I recall that Assault orders
require you to make manditory movement. Is that movement required during
the Movement phase, the Assault phase, or both? It'd suck to be required to
move (and thus be snapfired upon) during the MovePhase... If not, then
taking Assault orders, blowing the offending stands away, then moving
during the AssaultPhase makes perfect sense...

Just wondering...
Larry