Re: [Epic] WD 217 free gift

From: Carl Billen <billenc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 17:09:25 +0100

----------
> From: Sauron Moridor <sauron1_at_...>
> To: space-marine_at_...
> Subject: Re: [Epic] WD 217 free gift
> Date: vrijdag 5 december 1997 15:07
>
> Sauron1 writes; Thease plastic robotic "crabs" supposedly in WD 217;
>
> Could we come up with an Epic scale use for them?
>
> Will the new race appear in Epic scale?

I posted a mail about a month again when I saw met Ian Pickstock (don't
know about the correct spelling of his name) at the Fantasy World
Convention in Antwerp. There we were shown the prototype miniatures of the
Necrons and the Dark Eldar. He told me the following :
- There are no plans for the 'Skaven In Space'
- There are no plans for Epic version of the Sisters of Battle, Necrons and
Dark Eldar ('cause they have to see if they will sell in the 40K scale
before committing resources for the Epic scale
- The Scarab he brought with him was a beetle-like figure of about 15 mm
long and wide (it looked like a real, normal-sized beetle), but he said
something about the scarabs that they would be as big as the Necrons
themselves (I could be mistaken here)
- The Necrons looked liked a bit like the Eldark Dark Reapers, but their
helmet was a bit different (if Eldar were cone-like helmets, then the
Necrons wear rectangular hats)

These were, however, preview miniatures and could still be changed
considerably (and it was a month ago, so my memory could be a bit fuzzy...)

Wishing you all a good weekend,

Carl Billen
billenc_at_...