[Epic] RE: Dark Eldar (slightly off Topic)

From: Larry Irish <wirish1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 12:42:32 -0500

>From: "Carl Billen" <billenc_at_...>
>I posted a mail about a month again when I saw met Ian Pickstock (don't
>know about the correct spelling of his name) at the Fantasy World
>Convention in Antwerp. There we were shown the prototype miniatures of
>the Necrons and the Dark Eldar...

Really? Proto's of 40K Dark Eldar! I'd been hearing rumblings of Dark Eldar
being "the next big thing" in 40K, but have generally treated these rumors
(er, rumours :) like Elvis-sightings - "Uh-huh....right." :) How did the
DE figs _look_ ??

>- There are no plans for the 'Skaven In Space'
Good! Space Skaven in 40K struck me as foolish - they'd be _perfect_ for
Necromundia, but the idea of Skaven 'charging across the battlefield' seems
just dumb, IMO...
But, a Necromundia supplement for Skaven.... I'd buy _that_!

>- The Necrons looked liked a bit like the Eldark Dark Reapers, but their
>helmet was a bit different (if Eldar were cone-like helmets, then the
>Necrons wear rectangular hats)
Hey, after the WHFB Chaos Dwarf hats, anything is an improvement! :) :)

...Larry