[Epic] Necrons (Off topic)

From: Neil R. Thomason <n.thomason_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 18:22:37 GMT

>> Scarabs! I take it everyone knows what they are?
>
>I have no idea what they are. Thanks if you can tell me.

In proximity to Necrons, technological items fail. The Scarabs are very
fast and very tough. They rush forward and buy time for the other troops of
the Necron army to get into weapon range. The enemy has the dilemma of
either firing at the advancing Necrons, with all their weapons
malfunctioning, or try to destroy the Scarabs instead, allowing the Necrons
to close the range without being fired on. Since Necrons and Scarabs
regenerate, a lot of fire needs to be diverted to destroying the Scarabs!

According to GW, Necrons aren't too destructive ('about the same as Marines'
!), but are extremely difficult to kill - they keep getting back up!

Cheers,

NRT

New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group