Re: [Epic] Epic40K: rules..Q

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 13:02:39 -0600

> Okay I recently played a game of epic and I was playing space marines with
> Assault Marines inside rhinos. What I tried to do was this:
> During the assault phase (det was on assault orders of course) move
> Rhinos 25cm unload Marines...charge marines 25cm into close combat (base to
> base) with some Dark Reapers.
>
> Anyway my opponents did not think this was correct and forced me to move a
> total (between the rhinos and Assault Marines of 30) They thought I was
> 'doubling my movement. I checked the rules and it does not say you cannot
> do it my way. In fact I think I am correct. After all what the heck good
> are rhinos for otherwise except as a soak shield for enemy fire (hee hee).
>
> -Steve

You are correct, so long as this puts your assault troops into base
to base contact with the enemy. Your opponent sounds as if he is
getting confused with SM/TL rules.

We were unsure whether the Assaults could move (10-5)*3=15 cm when
exiting, or 10*3-5=25 when exiting. I put this in the last Q&A we
sent to Jervis, and he confirms that the correct answer is the
second one. Thus, the total distance moved by your assualt marines
could be 50cm.

My apologies for the fact that this last Q&A from Jervis hasnt' made it
up on my web pages yet. I left for the Thanksgiving holiday just after
it arrived, and since then I've been having to make up for the time I
lost over the holiday! I'll get it up as soon as I can. In the meantime,
I'll post Jervis reply to the list again so you can show it to your
friends.

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
in the rule books, send them to:
                    allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.