Re: [Epic] Void Shields / Holofield Nonsense

From: Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister <colen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 21:43:51 +0000

John Chapman <john_at_...> came forth and spoke thusly:
>> 1) A Revenant titan taking 1 point of damage from 47 firepower (yes, 47.
>> I got about 15 hits).
> 1 Point ? ... youre saying that the critical roll was a 2?
Yes. Honestly, we were in stiches...

>Hmm lets see 47 FP=about 36 shots which = 12 hits on average. Thus on average
>a revenant should have 2 hits go through it-which will kill it more often
>than not.The chance of the holofields avoiding all 12 hits is a little over
>11.2% . The chance of it taking as hit and surviving adds a little more to
>that value I guess.
> Comparing that to other titans with shields
Exactly.
>> 3) 3 AT shots missing completely- on Overwatch.
> Hey thats only about a 1/64 occurrance like its not a regular sort
>of thing but every 4-5 games (if you take a lot of AT stuff).......
Yup. It was after this that the 47FP incident happened. We were left
staring at the dice, saying 'what?'
>> But it's about point 1 I really want to write. Who says Holofields are
>> only worth 6 Void Shields?
Some bloke did. I can't remember who.

--
Colen 'Not Colin' 'Mad Dog' McAlister, Director of N.A.S.A.
(the National Anti-Skaven Alliance), R'n'F Member, Lord of