Sv: [Epic] Scale (was Re: old Andy C or Jervis message about E40K)

From: Jon Nielsen <jon_at_...>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 15:59:35 +0100

> > Then again, I've actually ridden in
> > an APC. A Rhino, forex, has more volume than an LVTP7, which carries 20
> > marines. The (new) Land Raider is bigger than an LVTP5, which could
> > carry 50.
>
> At any rate, I had a more serious question. Why would you
> want to put 50 people in one transport? It seems awfully unsafe,
> unless the vehicle you mention is more of a cargo transport or a
> plane...

Remember, in modern warfare troops don't charge the enemy in transpots
They always walk/run/crawl the last bit of distance. You don't want you APC
hit
by a shell while you have 20 troops inside!

Jon "The Psyker" Nielsen
jon_at_...

This is Lameth, The Dark Messiah, signing off

"It's driving me crazy, I simply can't stop thinking!"