Re: [Epic] Transporting Minis

From: COOK MATTHEW JOHN <PBS4661_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 19:17:01 +0000

On 9 Dec 97 at 23:08, Cyril Crocker wrote:

> What does everyone use to transport their minis? The blokes at my local GW
> tried to tell me their small exoensive carrying cases they sell were big
> enough for my armies and I just laughed at them. I need something to move
> 4 or 5 titans/gargants and around 200 troops/vehicles.
> Cyril Crocker
> Dragon Slayer
> dslayer_at_...

I can carry all my mini's (painted and unpainted more than 20k worth
of orks under SM/TL (not totalled in new system))in two boxes.
Bought from stationary shop called partners in UK for �5 each.
Basicly they are for carrying papper folders in normally slightly
larger than case for carrying 12" records.
Then got sheets of stiff card folded into tray and stappled togethor.
That way can customize heights to go from MegaGargant size to
troops. I think worked quite well and cost �12 total. With rucksack
to carry rules etc in can carry all gaming stuff appart from terrain
on public transport allthough walking long distances can be
uncomfortable with feeling like my arms few inches longer.
Anyway you could presumably do similar with trip to local budget
stationary store fairly cheaply.
Mat Cook

       *** THE COOKIE MONSTER RETURNS ***
AKA: Ghaz,Ghazgkull,Mat,Sparrow,Cookie,Walter Tatum,
     Alberto Giovanni,Damien Black