Re: [Epic] Capitol Imperialis

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 15:25:35 -0800 (PST)

> > The only problem I have with this is: why the CI and nothing
> >else? You're proposing an additional ability for a general purpose
> >role that is not unique to the CI; other units in the imperial army
> >list would fill that role just as well (titans are an obvious example).
>

> --------> Yep I think that was me. And if you want move into position in
> front of other troops, how about doing it during the game...
> Or do "escalating engagement" and give it some kind of bonus (Like the
> super-heavies it could transport decided to give it a tow...)

The CIs were deployed in the front line so that they could form a
defensive perimeter to allow the army to advance with minimal
casualties, therefore for certain situations, the CIs are going to be
much farther into the front line than the reinforcements, which is the
point I am trying to make wiith the infiltration rule. Perhaps it should
also be modified so that it can only get the advance move if the force is
pure marines...
Steve

--
When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of