Re: [Epic] Warlock Titan weapons

From: Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 15:50:28 -0600 (CST)

>> Is anyone in favor of creating an Eldar Chain Fist as a Titan
>> weapon, or do you figure it'd be too powerful?

>But--but--it's a chainfist! It's big and noisy and clumsy, like treaded
>vehicles! It's not in the least bit graceful or aesthetic! The Eldar
>would never come up with that! :)

>Seriously, though: How badly do Eldar titans need a CC weapon? Pretty
>badly; the powerfist is the only Eldar titan CC weapon, and the
>consensus says that it sucks rocks.

Yeah, the power fist sucks all right. When we get to the part of
redesigning units, we might want to consider making an Eldar chain fist and
calling it something like a Power Sword or something.

>> I think you all can figure out the stats on one of these. You'd
>> think the maneuverability of Eldar Titans would make them better
>> at CC than Imperials, but...

Yeah, you would wouldn't you? But GW follows the FASA Battletech idea of
bigger must be better, with maneuverability being irrelevant.

>I was about to say that they are, but I just looked it up:
>Warlock +12 Warlord +14
>Phantom +12 Reaver +12
>Scout +8? Warhound +8
>And for what it's worth, the Banelord has a +14.

The Banelord has +14 and then some with its extra bonuses. When winning
that thing beats the Imperator odds-wise. BYW, the Revenant Scout Titan has
a +7.

Michael the Liu