Re: [Epic] Traitor

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 19:41:17 -0600

Thane Morgan wrote:

> I haven't played any Epic-size competitors. The only one I know of is
> Dirtside II. Other possibilities would be a micro-armor system, which
> I've heard is really good.

I think you mean Striker II, which is the "SF" game in the "Command
Decesion" rule family. It's a very good set of war game rules. I am not
sure you want to try and use it using the "Epic/WH40K" universe however, as
in it Fire & Movement rules, not close combat, which is taken as just being
a special case of small arms fire.

It does NOT have the problem of re-fighthing Waterloo, that Epic has, but
is, being an "American Game", of course designed for refighting the battle
for France, 1944. (Which given that it is based on a rules set for doing
just that, makes sense).