SV: [Epic] Exodite Dragon Knights

From: Tommy Roju <tommy.roju_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 17:47:09 -0000

>> >Eldar Exodites.
>> >Basically Guardians with cavallery and assault. (13 Points each)
>> >HQ: Guardian /cavallery/hero/assault (yes, Assault value 3) 45 points
>> >
>> >Choose one HQ and up to 10 normal units in one detachment. No support,
no
>> >psyker.
>> >
>> >In the first game my detachment could beat rough riders in both FF and
CC.
>> >Against Boar boyz, whom they faced in a second game, they could
>> >(unsurprisingly) not hold their ground in CC.
>>

>> Did you take into account the fact that the Exodites are riding dinosaurs
>> and not over-sized pigs or horses??
>>
>> A dino would destoy a pig easy!!
>>
>> I think you should knock the Assault value up a bit to reflect this :)
>Check the Codex Eldar. Those dragons are about 1 day old ;-)
>Their stats are not so good. Also, those units should not be to powerfull.
>They are fast and shooty (like Jetbikes) and can assault the enemy. I
>considered allowing every stand the hero ability (20 points each) which
>perfectly fits the codex (Exodites can include a lot of mighty heroes) but
>decided against it as Ork Boarboyz could theoretically consist of 100%
>Heros (no basic troop or champion) in W40k and are not allowed Hero in
>E40k.
>IMHO the other option (assault and space wolves abilities) does not really
>fit.
>
>DV

The best way IMHO (and the conclusion we made on the list when this was up
before), is to base them on Aspect + Cavalry. Then you get some higher
assault values (and an terrifying Exodite lord on assault orders, 45 cm
move, 1 FP, 9 assault, 5+ armour + save... Rather fitting IMO, if you have
seen the unreleased model, a BIG T-Rex with 2 riders...) and get rid of
those 2 FP which is a bit to much for 3 riders with lances (it would be
fitting if the dragons could breathe fire though...).

TR