Re: [Epic] Drop Pod Miniature Rules

From: Doug Veal <dougv_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 11:11:07 +1100

At 14:30 8/12/97 +0100, you wrote:
>Are there any rules regarding the Drop Pod miniatures in Epic40k ? If so,
>can anyone post them or point me to the right web site ?

There are. They are in the battles book under special mission rules. Drop
pods are no longer just for marines. Anyone can take them if they play
attacker in certain missions.

>The owner of the previous pods told me there were three types of pods : 1
>for transporting stands, 1 with a plasma cannon and 1 which ejects bombs and
>then self-destructs. (?) If no rules in Epic40K are available, you may
>post/point me towards SM1/SM2 rules and/or suggest Epic40K versions.

There were 3 types of pod:

Assault. These carried two stands of infantry each and were not armed

Support. These carried no troops but had an automated plasma cannon

Deathwind. These blew up when they hit the ground, causing damage to
anything they landed on/near (you used a barrage template)

The rules for them are in Armies of the Imperium from SM2

Doug Veal

dougv_at_...