Re: [Epic] Putting together a Eldar Force.

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 08:33:42 -0500

> Then what are they good for?

Don't despair. Guardians are great in firefights. You can use your
falcons to get them in close (don't pop up) and firefight in the assault
phase. If you win initiative next turn then set overwatch, creep
forward 5cm and let 'em eat shuriken. If not, load up and retreat in
the falcons.

> Frankly I was surprised that they had jetbikes in the warhost
> thought that something that usefull wouldn't be that easy to get ahold
> of.

I'm also glad these are included in the plastics, you can never have too
many. The best way to build a large point value effective eldar army
is to go with jet bikes and vehicles. Eldar wouldn't use too much
infantry anyway, IMHO, if the whole dying race thing really applies.

> I plan on buying a few more blisters and another warhost box
> couple of days. How effective are dreadnaughts and war walkers? What
> about their superheavy tanks?

Dreads and walkers are nice, but the advice on the nightspinners is very
good. Four nightspinners will greatly, greatly help your cause and
enable you to much more easily practice those hit and run tactics. The
Engines of Vaul are fantastic, especially the Scorpions.

Regards,

- Erik