Re: [Epic] Flyers are Vehicles too

From: Andrew Nguyen <a2nguyen_at_...>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 10:42:15 -0800

J. Michael Looney wrote:
> I like these rules. They do tend to fix a lot of what is wrong with the current
> Flyer rules.
>
> Can I put these on the Epic 41K page? With some mods here and there and a
> "full" flyer stats set.

Sure, you can put these up. Of course, I think they need some overhaul
concidering that I haven't even playtested them and would be surprized
if they were 'balenced'. Actually, the main reason I posted them was to
see if anyone saw any flaws in the rules that I did not when I was writing
them.

"Hindsight is 20/20":
So after some thought I've come up with some questions to my own rules:
 Should Flyers have some equivilent to Firefights?
 Should Non-Flyer units be able to assault/fire at Flyers if the Flyer
  is on the ground transporting units?
 Has anyone made any rules to cover transporting "Big Infatry" and vehicles?

A suggestion:
 Since, these rules would require making new stats for every flyer it
would make sense that a "Flyer Formula" be devloped to prevent under-
costing and etc.

Gargoyles:
 Counter to my Philosphy of Simplification, I'm going to make rules for
Gargoyles. (Note: Since I'm just an Epic 40k player I don't have any
Fluff, so I'm just adapting the rules in WD214)

When buying Tyranid Flyers, for every Harridan you can buy 10 Gargoyles.
During the game, Gargoyles operate as normal Flyers when in flight, but
they can land (-10 cm to movement). On the ground, the Gargoyles operate
as normal land units, but when they are transported by a Harridan they
become Flyers again.

Suggestions?

"After all is said and done, a lot more has been said than done."
        -Anonymous