Re: [Epic] Epic: Final Liberation

From: William Rood <wrood_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 07:55:16 -0500

Steve Kosciw wrote:

> PS: In case you DON'T know Kali is software that allows you to play most
> IPX games over the net using Kali servers (there are a lot of them)

You don't need Kali to play this. A TCP/IP Connection client is built into
it. As long as you know your IP address, you can connect to others. I've
played two games with a friend in Spain (I'm in the US) and we've had no
problems. However, we both are on T1's. Also, I know it works behind
firewalls as I currently sit behind 3 to get out to the net.

As to the game itself...pretty cool. I beta tested it, and the final
version is far and away superior to the copies we recieved. Be very
thankful the beta orks were toned down (rapid firing, near 100% accuracy,
bolters penetrating even the heaviest of armor space ork psychos). On the
other had, there is some adjustment, as it is not 100% Epic 2nd, nor 100%
Epic 40k, more like a mixture plus some other stuff.

The only tip I can give you is, the old IG motto stands true - artillery,
artillery, artillery. Bombards and Manticores rule.

--
// William Rood - Systems Development
// Dow Jones and Company, Inc.