Re: [Epic] stubborn units

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 15:58:54 -0500

Kalle Marjola wrote:

> Two questions about stubborns...
>
> 1) When you may reroll the leadership test (if supreme commander not
> close):
> a) If the HQ unis is stubborn
> b) all units in the detachment are stubborn

        If you're going strictly by the book, the answer is B.
The 'stubborness' of the HQ is never considered. However, I would
recommend using the alternate method outlined at the end of the
Battles book for determining whether or not a detachment is Stubborn:
namely, if the majority of the units in the detachment have the
ability (instead of all the units).

        Myself, I prefer the following house rule: if there are units
with the Stubborn ability in a detachment and you fail a Ld test, you
can reroll the test BUT only the units with stubborn can actually act
if you pass the 2nd test. In this case, if the HQ is not stubborn,
you might have to worry about keeping the stubborn units in command.

> 2) Is supreme commander itself stubborn?

        Most are not, but whether they get a reroll from themselves
is up in the air. After all, they are within 30cm of themselves...
Personally I think it's silly that a Warboss (or whatever) can
inspire other detachments to great feats of bravery but will quake
in fear at the first sign of trouble.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"Stupid f**king words!" - Fugazi