Re: [Epic] Chaos Questions

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 15:49:30 -0500

Carl Billen wrote:

> Dirk wrote :
>
> >> a) On the Chaos sprue, dated GW 1990, I have spotted 10 Chaos CMs, 2
> >> Minotaurs, 3 Juggers, 2 Slaanshi steeds, 1 Tzeentch disc rider, 1 Chaos
> >> champion, and 5 Beastmen. There is a figure missing between the Chaos
> >> champion and a steed of Slaanesh, but I don't know what it was.
> >> Furthermore, there a 5 small Chaos Space Marines next to the Beastmen; could
> >> they be Chaos Squats ? Are there any rules/stats regarding the Minotaurs or
> >> are they considered the Beastman Champion ? Or is the Beastman champion the
> >> Bestman with the gun from the IG ? If the small CSMs are Chaos Squats, what
> >> are their stats ? I also did not notice any Terminators; do any specific
> >> minis exist for them?
> >
> >A Troll is missing. Yes, Chaos Squats. Chaos Terminators: use those from
> >the Marine sprue. Rules can be found in the net (try Eye of Terror, I am
> >not sure).

        There are no chaos-specific figures for Terminators, bikes,
land speeders, robots, and all SM vehicles (rhino, predator, etc).
Of course, CSMs no longer get speeders, robots, tarantulas and so
on, but if you're playing 2ed this is good to know.

        Also, the various types of beastmen are just there for show.
Stats-wise, they're all the same.

> I just visited Scott Shupe's Eye of Terror, and there I found all the rules
> I needed. Thank you very much!

        Hoped you liked the rules; I try to be as fair and non-cheesy
as possible when it comes to that sort of thing.

> However, I have about 50 Chaos Squats (good for 10 stands), and about 20
> CSMs, so it could be that I might use them as a main force unit. As soon as
> I have painted my Chaos Androids, I will test the Scott's rules. It even
> could be that my Squats will be the main force, with the Android as a
> support force, to make up an 'Ancient Warrior' detachment :-)

        Sounds good. And how many android stands did you say you
had? 40?!? I don't suppose you'd be willing to sell a few....

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"Who's laughing now?" - Evil Dead II