Re: [Epic] Mega-Gargant Close Combat Weapon/New Ques

From: Alun Gallie <gallie_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 10:04:09 +0930

>---------> Well, everyone keeps saying it says one-shot in the rules,
>but after poring thru the book, it doesn't.Not in the orky army section,
>not on the Mega control sheet, and these missiles aren't in the
>superheavy weapons section of the rules. They aren't vortexes, as they
>are an automatic AT on anything under the marker, not d6 death rays. As
>far as "by definition", what definition? Can we assume that anything
>labeled as a (singular) "missile" is automatically a one shot? I can
>live with it, being a long-time SM/TLer, but so many other assumptions
>based on that have been wrong, I can't go with "cause that's the way it
>was before".
>And, um, ,all you "it's in the rules" people: find me a page number...
>
>Chris Miller

Maybe I'm over simplifiying things, or maybe my english is bad (although
I've been using it my whole life )but page 49 of the armys book states 2 x
Krooz Missles, now this to me means it has 2 MISSLES note. it doesn't say 2
x Krooz Missle Launchers. Then it says it may fire a max of one per turn.
This to me means it has two missles that I may fire one of per turn. ie. I
have two missles, I fire one in a turn (as I can only fire one a turn ) I
now only have 1 missle left.(2 missles - 1 missle = 1 missle) If I fire that
the next trun I have no missles left.
Ps. The sarcasism that creeps through in this reply was not deliberate and
is not aimed at you Chris. I just wanted to express it as plainly as I
could. BTW I am an Orc player and would love more Krooz's but feel that it
is very, very creative interpretation to allow it. Can we please get this in
a Q&A Allen so it doesn't keep popping up every month ?
Cheers
Alun