Re: [Epic] Necronians in E40K

From: Michael and Christina King <kingcm_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 17:41:37 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister wrote:
> Well, after a perusal of the Necron rules in White Dwarf, here's what I
> came up with:
>
> Name Speed Range FP Assault Armour Special
> Necron Warrior 10cm 15cm 2 4 6 Save
> Scarab Thingy 15cm 15cm Disrupt 1 6 Save, Jump Packs
>
> What do people think? If it was up to me, I'd give the Necrons a 15cm
> Disrupt as well. Using the PVCalc, both cost about 15.

Well, the 40K Necron gun is basicly a bolter with a better save mod, give
it 30 cm range and 1 FP.

The Assault ability would be better compared to a Tactical Marine but the
Necron has a lower I, debateable between an Assault or 2 or 3.

Both the Necrons and Scarabs cause penalties if they are within 6 inches,
translated a disrupt at 10 cm for each would probably be closest.

What about the Scarab ability to "latch on" and reduce the armor of a
vehicle?? I don't recall hearing if the effect ws permenant or only until
you dislodged the scarab or if you could dislodge the scarab. The only
answer I can think of right now is a new special ability, Reduce Armor -
armor of the target vehicle is reduced by one. If the Scarab moves into
H2H then remove the stand a make a note that the armor of the target is
reduced. There is probably a better solution but I can't seem to think of
anything else right now...

- Michael
Michael and Christina King
kingcm_at_...