RE: [Epic] Orky questions

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 13:00:24 -0600

>> 2) Just checking : A Warboss, upgraded to a Stompa, has an Assault of 8, a
>> FP of 4, Armour of 5+ and a Save? Who needs (Greater) Daemons ?
>true
---------> I will say this is one of the things I like about this
edition. Stompas are just too cool, and were under-done in the last
version IMO...

---------> Slight upgrade in handiness for those assault detachments.

>> 5) Are the Slasher Gargant and the Mekboy Gargant considered 'Gargants' in
>> the E40K rules ? The Mekboy Gargant is rather small, and the one that I
>> have as two Close Combat weapons (1 saw as his arm + an extra saw on its
>> shoulder). Furthermore (I guessed this has been discussed before), what's
>> the effect of 2 CC weapons on a Gargant (Ass x2 ? Ass x3? Ass x4?) ?
>A Mekboy Gargant has three weapons. A heavy Weapon Battery (left arm), a
>CC weapon (right arm) and a lifta droppa (over the head/shoulder). Use it
>as a Normal Gargant. If it has 2 CC weapons (no lifta droppa) it is still
>a legal gargant, but the 2nd CC weapon is effectively wasted unless the
>first one is destroyed.

----------> The old Slasha Gargant is a "Gargant" under the new rules,
and the greats are greats and the megas are megas, but the Mekboy
gargant's kinda been left out, offically. Too many special rules, I
suppose, but in a pinch he could be a "gargant". He just might look a
little short if used along with a normal gargant (slasha).

>> 6) Fluff : Are the Evil Sunz supposed to have infantry ?
>The Kult of speed can include some as support, so use them as evil sunz.

--------> The Evil Sunz are a seperate Item from the KOS, so you could
make a Sunz unit AND a KOS. In WH40K they have infantry just like the
other clans, and in SM/TL the clan card included enough battlewagons to
transport all the infantry. They just like vehicles more then the rest.
Skarboyz are goff-only upgrades to your boyz in WH40K.

ChrisMiller