Re: [Epic] Mega-Gargant Krooz Ques

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 07:45:48 -0500

A. Allen McCarley wrote:

> > Actually, what do blast markers do to SHW's? The books say nothing, and
> > it seems absurd for a Warlord to lose its shots over 4 crappy blast
> > markers. However, I saw in a "battle" report that they did affect land
> > raiders.
>
> One blast marker shuts down one SHW. This is why it is important to
> take at least one Heavy Weapons battery on your Warlord. A titan
> with 4 death rays is shut down too easily.

And possibly a good idea to take one heavy weapons battery on each
side. My HWB didn't have targets, because of the firing arc, and
so didn't contribute FP to negate blast markers. I had assumed
the MRL would contribute FP to negate blast markers, but during
the game I realized I couldn't support that, and then it was
confirmed. Even barrages are shut down with one blast marker.
(bleah)

andy

--
Andy Skinner