Re: [Epic] Epic 40000 Final Liberation

From: Alun Gallie <gallie_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 08:57:15 +0930

>Sorry, but my cyrix chip was less than adequate. AMD is the closest to a
>"true" pentium, and has no compatibility problems. The cyrix chip can be
>flaky, and have been known to reject things that they shouldn't have a
problem
>running. And isn't this a bit off topic?

Yes it is off topic and I apologise to everyone but when I see someone ask
for help with a problem and get a reply like

> Oh Yea!!! HEH!HEH! your totaly screwed with not having a pentium
since every game to come out from now on needs a pentium (PC) says that 98
games will all require 3D accelorators

it annoys me, the answer was no use to anyone and I don't like being old by
people I don't know that "I'm totally screwed" especially when backed up by
a rubbish statement that new games (not some but all) WILL ONLY RUN ON A
PENTIUM. Yes Cyrix chips have problems, but then so do Pentiums, so does
most software. Enough, I apologise for getting off topic (one of my pet
hates) but please when someone asks for help and advice please give it, and
if you have nothing useful to add don't bother. The standard of posts and
topics on this list has been slipping for the last month or so and I don't
want to see a very good helpful list go the way so many others have.
Cheers
Alun