[Epic] RE: Space Marine Units.

From: Steve Kosciw <sargon_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 06:33:46 -0500

Okay I have to disagree with some of the advice you've gotten.

While getting bikes to support your land speeders is good advice I disagree
with the rest. (Bikes are included int he 'Space Marine Battle Group' box
only 1 stand though! )

Also all the infantry you need in in that box, but in order to get enough
bikes or special troops like terminators, you need to a buy a lot of boxes,
.(games workshop is evil...)

You can also get 'assault bikes' which are in a blister...but cost to
effectivness wise the standard bikes are good to have as a screen to
protect the better assault bikes and land speeders.

Dreadnoughts, they are just too slow and make nice Anti-tank targets, I
have some but after many games dropped them from my amry...they were never
effective.. you need to get them close... but the enemy will target them
when they see them approaching and they will die.

Now you need an armoured detachment!!! LAND RAIDERS ROCK!
Get yourself some of the 'Space Marine Tanks' Boxes ..and 'Land Raider
Command' blisters. Get enough vehicles to transport all of your infantry.
Moble Infantry is the way to go... esp the much reviled rhinos...which is
epic are actually useful...

Build an armoured Detechment... take 3 or 4 land raiders with 3 to 6
predators... they make a great combo and have a lot of hitting power..

Lastly build an artillery detachment with Whirlwinds... Whirlwinds are
nasty...use em ..abuse em.. (2 Whirlwinds in each of the 'Tanks' box)

Thunderhawk are great if your enemy is not using any interceptors... but
much safter to get some thunderbolts as well.

For the ultimate army however you need to get Imperial guard units and
Titan Legions as well.. (a full army of the imperium is very well balanced
and powerful)
-Steve