Re: [Epic] OFF Epic 41K format question

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 20:39:00 +1000

Eric Harding wrote:

> At 09:26 AM 12/24/97 -0600, you wrote:
> >Just a general question about how I am doing the E41K thing.
> >
> >I will, of course be keeping the web version, but over the xmas break I
> >will be making a "Downloadable" version. Does any body have a
> >preference as to format? My ideal option would be Word 97 in side a
> >WinZip archive but I can do any thing.
> >

> Best format would be ASCII so anyone could load it into any word/text
> processor. Not everyone can afford to pay M$ more money, and not everyone
> uses M$'s overbloated program.

I'd go for RTF (Rich Text Format). This is understandable by every word
processor under the sun, including those on Unix, 3.11 (which I use),
W95 etc. It also allows about 99% of the useful things (tables,
different fonts etc) that ASCII doesn't.
--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo