Re: [Epic] off topic: Why so ticked?

From: DeconSolo <DeconSolo_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 17:38:00 EST

For many of us here in the States, when we first started getting into the GW
stuff, minis were next to impossible to find. I started with WH40K, and loved
to get the 30 space marine "bricks." You could do a lot of things with all
the arms, bodies, etc. It was nice to know that your army was uniquely yours.
We always heard about the new figures, and saw them in WD, but none of the
stores (in my area at least) could get them in stock. This applied to all
GW's stuff at the time (_at_1988-90). We got frustrated, big time.
  then they started with the boxed sets and the new rules. But when the WH40K
box came out, it had no psyker rules, and Dark Milleniuym was only a pipe
dream, so anyone new, had to either find a copy of Rogue Trader, or someone
who had a copy. The same applies to WFB. The came all the Titanicus/Space
Marine/titan Legion Stuff. OK the add ons were a pain, but the range of stuff
available was great, and had lots of character to the models. Now everything
is sooooo generic, and focused on their organizations, there is little room
for uniqueness among the players. Many new people object to my using my own
Space Marine chapter, because it's not GW.
   GW should be listening to the players, and not marketing. We are the ones
who get new people into the hobby, by demos, and playing at stores, not cheezy
ads or displays. We are the ones who spend obscene ammounts of cash on their
stuff, and we are the ones who support their cons and tourneys. So what do we
get? The shaft usually, and always with a smile (customer service training
and all). So keep griping to GW. Eventually they'l get the point, once sales
drop off do to the competition.
    (I can ramble on can't I?)
                                                     DeconSolo